When I close my eyes I can feel the gentle breeze coming off the Mediterranean and hear the waves crashing against the rugged shoreline. As I walk along the trail, between luscious vineyards, I can feel the ancient earth crush beneath my boots. It’s a moment of pure beauty and peace and I take a moment to reflect upon the decisions that led me here. Travel is a choice. It is a gift you give to yourself and those you love. It is a way to steal time and create incredible memories and is part of a life well lived.
As a young backpacker I made my way to the Cinque Terre and fell deeply in love with this piece of Italy. It is one of the places I have always recommended to anyone heading to Europe in search of something unique. It is a place I will return to and when I do it will be with Backroads. I’ve done a lot of research and spoken with many people who have traveled and worked with Backroads and everyone raves about the experience.
“We’ve traveled with several other companies and Backroads has found the ideal combination: great place, options for how active you want to be, culinary experiences, local culture and outstanding guides” – Jerry Schwartz
Backroads has a beautiful trip through the stunning villages of the Cinque Terre and into the rolling hills of Tuscany.
- Explore two distinct regions of Italy in one amazing trip
- Hike through the dramatic landscape to Protovenere, taking in sweeping vistas of the Golfo della Spezia
- Pass elegant villas en route to pretty Portofino, playground of the rich and famous
- Stroll through quintessential Tuscan villages, vineyards and cypress-flanked lanes
- Sip regional wines at fun and informative tastings
- Spend 2 nights at the Villa Le Barone in Chianti which has been owned by the same family since the 1500s.
Starting at US$3,498 per person (tax included) *dbl occupancy.
6 days/ 5 nights. Sunday – Friday, April – October.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting trip please call Niche Travel Group at (902) 407-4567.
Dedicated to Enrich lives one vacation at a time.